Total Pageviews

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Terrible Twos

As soon as Adya crossed the 1st birthday bench mark, we started realising that they don’t call it ‘Terrible Twos’ just like that!!!
This year was a mixed bag of excitement, learning new parenting tricks and dealing with separation anxiety....I still cant forget those tiny fingers grasping my hand tightly on her first day to the Nursery since I started work already…couldn’t stop myself from crying when she cried out for me as I rushed to office…this is the toughest test till date…but she soon got very familiar and misses her Giggles Nursery now on weekends..I can guess her lunch menu from her clothes and hair....

Jokes apart, I am very grateful to them for helping me to make my career survive. She has learnt so much there including her first success with potty training and made grown up already into a mature lady…love you guys for being my lighthouse at sea!
She has started talking non stop in a language I am yet to decipher…her first word was ‘Dadda’…no prizes for guessing that...she can blabber all the nursery rhymes possible even at 10 pm at night and at times I am terrified that we may get arrested for high decibel noise pollution complaints from neighbours!

Adya has a very cute idol..her name is Upsy Daisy..she is tiny, sings and dances all day, kisses all the things in a magical place called Night Garden..has loads of friends and has a bed that follows her everywhere…in short : My bribe to her for finishing her lunch without making mommy insane!

Miss Posh Spice has started realising the girly features within her by gazing at herself in the elevator mirror every time she ventures out…she likes wearing Bindi from her Thamma…She just loves fashionable clothes and matching sunglasses and hats and other accessories which her mommy has no complaints about…
She is a complete Gemini like her mommy and has already started showing traits of being flamboyant, popular and pompous amongst her nursery friends…
Adya loves to read and has already managed to conjure up a mini library at home..she loved to listen to stories read by Dadu about Murphy horse trips to Windsor…


She is my little mathematician and puzzle cracker…taps away at her laptop gifted by dad …I sometimes I wonder if she may grow up to be a nuclear physicist one day..
But she is equally inclined towards art....loves to sketch wherever possible and everything including the walls and flooring becomes her blackboard…



She is my lil poetess and stares out at the sky and trees since her pram days and hums away lovely tunes..
She loves music since my tummy days and loves to play her piano and xylophone…A budding rock star, maybe??





My little water baby is very fond of bubble bath ever since Nani used to oil massage and bathe her…she is a champ swimmer in her batch and has already earned her second Duckling Certificate…



My lil angel loves to get into pray mode and joins me at the evening puja at home…she gobbles up the Prasad as a gift to ring the temple bell…I simply love to watch her close her eyes and join her palms to get my kiss after lighting up the house…



Every moment with Adya till now has been extra special and she has captured every square foot of our life and every thought process: Her 1st kiss on my cheeks moments after her birth, her wonderful deep hazel brown eyes gazing at me with zillion questions, her Bhangra dance movements on seeing Joy back from work, her 1st birthday ear piercing, her copying my cough and aping granny’s snoring, her love for Pooh, watching me dress up and trying to taste my lipstick, jumping for her water bottle …
I will miss you so much my baby when you will grow up and one day move out to seek your future and leave your mom with just your fond memories….You will always be my Bhuntimama…


No comments:

Post a Comment